The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook
Pressure Test, Plan, Launch and Scale Your Social Enterprise, Expanded Edition
Developed with reader feedback from “one of the more unusual ebook…
experiments of the year” (ThinReads)
In The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook, Wharton professor Ian C. MacMillan and Dr. James Thompson, director of the Wharton Social Entrepreneurship Program, offer a proven, tough-love approach to launching a successful social enterprise.
Because they believe in taking their own medicine, MacMillan and Thompson used their own systematic framework to publish this book. To test the market, they offered the first phase in their three-step method as a free ebook. Readers were invited to join The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook Advisory Group, and nearly 300 aspiring and active social entrepreneurs shared feedback that helped shape the complete edition of the book.
Based on this crowd-sourced feedback from readers of the free ebook and drawing on the authors’ more than 26 years’ combined experience developing and studying social enterprises in the field across Africa and in the United States, this new edition provides guidance for each phase:
- Phase One: Pressure Test Your Start-Up Idea
- Phase Two: Plan Your Social Enterprise
- Phase Three: Launch and Scale Your Social Enterprise
Filled with accessible frameworks and tools, as well as inspiring stories of social entrepreneurs, The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook is a must-read for any aspiring or active social entrepreneur, as well as philanthropists, foundations, and nonprofits interested in doing more good with fewer resources.
To order the ebook in bulk, please visit The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook on Ganxy.com.
Pay It Forward
If you have found The Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook helpful, please consider paying it forward.
- Provide a Social Entrepreneur You Know with the Ebook: A few ebook retailers will allow you to gift a copy of the book for as little as $6.99. To gift a copy of the ebook, visit Amazon, Apple, or Ebooks.com.
- Two for One: Buy a copy of the ebook for yourself, and we will distribute a second ebook to an aspiring or active social entrepreneur or impact organization we select. https://ganxy.com/i/91566
- Share the Message Widely: If you wish to share the ebook with 25 or more people on your team, at an event, or with others, please contact Wharton Digital Press for a simple delivery solution and a 50% discount: $4.99 per ebook.
Just as MacMillan and Thompson developed the book based on reader feedback, they welcome your ideas on how to pay it forward. Please email the authors at Wharton Digital Press with your feedback and suggestions.
Wishing you all the best with your social enterprise!