Knowledge@Wharton Books Ebook BundleView Bundle
The Road to Cuba, Revised and Updated Edition
The Opportunities and Risks for US Business
Foreword by Mauro F. Guillén, Faquiry Diaz Cala, and Gustavo Arnavat
Winner of a 2016 Independent Publisher Book Award
After President Barack Obama’s announcement in December 2014, investors, business leaders, and entrepreneurs asked, What will this historic change mean for economic relations between the United States and Cuba? What opportunities—and risks—should US companies consider as they explore the business potential of one of the largest markets in the Caribbean? Now, 15 months later, the answers are becoming more clear.
In The Road to Cuba: The Opportunities and Risks for US Business, Knowledge@Wharton, The Wharton School’s online journal of business analysis, answers these questions and addresses:
- Quick-win opportunities: travel and tourism, telecoms, financial services, and food industries
- Longer-term prospects: construction and real estate, energy production and mining, manufacturing and retail, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, and agriculture
- The political and economic risks and hurdles: An analysis of what could speed up—or derail—progress in relations
The Road to Cuba is the most up-to-date guide for business leaders in the United States who want to understand the opportunities the Cuban market holds. It is also a must-read for business leaders in Cuba and around the world who want to understand the investment and competition that is on its way.
About Knowledge@Wharton Books
Insights and inspiration business leaders can use today—from The Wharton School’s online journal of business analysis
Knowledge@Wharton Books offer you the best of Knowledge@Wharton’s signature reporting, including in-depth coverage and analysis of important business trends, accessible explanations of the latest business research, and inspiring conversations with today’s thought leaders in a convenient, portable format.
Published exclusively as ebooks by Wharton Digital Press, this practical line of books includes three series:
- Knowledge@Wharton Originals: All-new, in-depth coverage of timely and important business matters and trends, featuring key takeaways that business leaders and professionals can leverage immediately
- Knowledge@Wharton Essentials: Collects the best of Knowledge@Wharton’s reporting on a single topic of significant business concern, laying out the challenges and offering solutions
- Knowledge@Wharton Conversations: Collects Knowledge@Wharton’s most popular in-depth interviews with today’s thought leaders on a single topic of broad interest, offering inspiration you can use to transform your thinking on a current challenge or opportunity
Each Knowledge@Wharton ebook offers you what you need to address a business challenge or opportunity head on—today.
About the Author
Knowledge@Wharton is the online business analysis journal of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The site, which is free, captures relevant knowledge generated at Wharton and beyond by offering articles and videos based on research, conferences, speakers, books, and interviews with faculty and other experts on current business topics. Knowledge@Wharton has grown into a network of sites that includesa global edition in English and regional editions in Spanish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese, as well as a site for high school students and educators. For more information about Knowledge@Wharton, please visit http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu. ... More