The Power of Impact Investing
Putting Markets to Work for Profit and Global Good
“Impact investing can be a powerful instrument of change.”
–Judith Rodin, President, The Rockefeller Foundation,
and Margot Brandenburg, in the introduction
A new wave of investors is using impact investing to address some of the greatest challenges of our time—from climate change and water scarcity to lack of access to health care, education, and affordable housing—with the intention of also generating a financial return.
This couldn’t happen at a more critical time. While philanthropy continues to be a transformative force for good, global philanthropic funds, even when combined with the development or aid budgets of many national governments, add up to mere billions of dollars. Meanwhile, the cost of solving the world’s problems runs into the trillions.
In The Power of Impact Investing, Rockefeller Foundation president Judith Rodin and Margot Brandenburg, two of the foremost experts in the field, explain what impact investing is, how it compares to philanthropy and traditional investments, where opportunities are evolving around the world, and how to get started.
By sharing moving stories of impact investors and the exciting social enterprises benefiting from these investments, Rodin and Brandenburg offer a compelling resource for anyone interested in better understanding the power of impact investing—including retail investors, high-net-worth individuals, and heads of family offices, foundations, banks, and pension funds—while also offering experienced impact investors an opportunity to deepen their knowledge and benefit from the perspectives of other investors.
To order the ebook in bulk, please visit The Power of Impact Investing on Ganxy.com.
Praise for The Power of Impact Investing
“In The Power of Impact Investing, Judith Rodin and Margot Brandenburg demonstrate that impact investing has the power to provide sustainable solutions to the world’s toughest problems. In addition to laying out the landscape of opportunity for different types of investors, they tell stories of impact investors who are creating social impact and of enterprises benefitting from the partnership. Both Judith and Margot’s voices are critical to this emerging field.”
—Jacqueline Novogratz, CEO & Founder, Acumen
For more information about Impact Investing, visit The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Devex.com, “Metrics to evaluate your impact investments”
- Rockefeller Foundation, “7 Things We’ve Learned About Impact Investing in 7 Years”
- Huffington Post, “7 Things We've Learned About Impact Investing in 7 Years”
- Thomson Reuters Foundation (Trust.org), “How millennials are driving the momentum behind impact investing”
- LinkedIn Influencer, “What I’ve Learned About Impact Investing in 7 Years”
- Thomson Reuters, “How to unlock millions of dollars for social good”
- TheStreet.com, “Put Markets to Work for Global Good Through "Impact Investing"
- Courier-journal.com, “Put Markets to Work for Global Good Through 'Impact Investing'”
- Philanthropy New York, “Beyond Grantmaking: Foundations as Impact Investors”
- Forbes, “Impact Investing: Not Just For Billionaires”